Careers: Sales Representative
Position: Sales Representative
Location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reporting Relationship: President
Directions to Apply:
• Please visit http://www.cindexinc.com/c/6B5E43 to complete a survey that we use to help build a world class culture at Acme.
• Please apply on Indeed. https://employers.indeed.com/m#jobs/view?id=f071ac0390eb
Acme Finishing is seeking a driven, entrepreneurial salesperson to join a lean and mean sales team aimed at doubling the Company’s revenue over the next five years. This person will first and foremost focus on hunting for large new customers and projects. The salesperson will also be responsible for growing Acme’s business with a small group of existing customers.
• Achieve sales goals of $500,000 quoted business within first six months of employment.
• Establish relationships with at least three new customers or prospects within six months of employment.
• Within 90 days, contact all assigned accounts.
• Develop understanding of Acme resources and expertise.
• Develop adequate technical knowledge if inexperienced in industry.
• Utilize Salesforce.com for activity tracking and scheduling.
• Develop understanding of Acme sales and customer service processes.
Acme Finishing Company is a leader in powder and liquid coating for manufacturing companies that need reliable, consistent, on-time service because Acme is a trusted partner with the solid infrastructure and systems required to deliver quality parts on time.
In partnership with the Acme team, the Sales Representative’s main function will be helping to achieve the Company’s sales objectives. This role will be responsible for delivering profitable growth through closing and managing profitable long-term projects.
The Sales Representative will focus on aggressive growth by:
• Searching out and establishing contact with potential customers.
• Assisting potential and current customers with new product development.
• Visiting and conferring with representatives of material vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, and vendor quality standards.
• Reviewing customer complaints on product quality. Visiting customer to obtain information related to the customer complaint and concerns.
• Conferring with supervisor and/or managers about quality assurance of new products.
• Following up on quotes to customers.
• Maintaining a good relationship with current customers.
• Representing Acme Finishing at trade associations meetings to promote product.
• Delivering sales presentations to key clients in coordination with the President.
• Meeting with key clients.
• Assisting in communication between sales department and other sales-related units.
• Ensuring that request for quotes are completed in timely manner.
• Performing other duties as assigned or directed by the President.
• Promoting of Acme Finishing products with an emphasis on their quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Education and/or Experience – Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months of one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems with solutions, and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Cross Functional Influence – Must work effectively with functions such as marketing, customer service and engineering to drive customer-centric, go-to-market initiatives.