Careers: Maintenance Technician
Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reporting Relationship: Plant Manager
Directions to Apply:
• Please visit http://www.cindexinc.com/c/6B5E43 to complete a survey that we use to help build a world class culture at Acme.
• Please email email@example.com
The Maintenance Technician performs maintenance activities to help achieve Acme Finishing objectives. Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in Acme Finishing.
Acme Finishing Company is a leader in powder and liquid coating for manufacturing companies that need reliable, consistent, on-time service because Acme is a trusted partner with the solid infrastructure and systems required to deliver quality parts on time.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoot machinery equipment to detect malfunction, including safety defects, and communicate necessary information to supervisor or other maintenance personnel to perform necessary repairs.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Perform general maintenance and repairs to facility/building and its equipment.
- Install, modify or repair automated machinery and equipment such as robots and/or programmable controllers.
- Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Troubleshoot and repair combustion systems: gas and/or infrared ovens.
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Follow all rules and procedures to ensure that Acme Finishing is in compliance with all State and Federal Environmental Protection Agency rules as they pertain to the handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste.
- May perform other duties as assigned or directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Initiative: Taking ownership of work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, keeping others informed
Safety: Following safe procedures including use of proper PPE
Adherence to Acme’s core values