Careers: Quality Assurance Line Inspector
Position: Quality Assurance Line Inspector
Location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reporting Relationship: Plant Manager
Directions to Apply:
• Please visit http://www.cindexinc.com/c/6B5E43 to complete a survey that we use to help build a world class culture at Acme.
• Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Acme’s Customer Service Representative manages and maintains customer relationships, communicating relevant information with customers about work status, due dates, etc. He/ she is an organized coordinator with strong communication and people skills, able to prioritize tasks based on customer and company requirements to consistently meet deadlines and ensure that we exceed our customers’ expectations.
Acme Finishing Company is a leader in powder and liquid coating for manufacturing companies that need reliable, consistent, on-time service because Acme is a trusted partner with the solid infrastructure and systems required to deliver quality parts on time.
- Assures that the quality produced on the line is acceptable, with special attention to samples and first piece orders
- Assures that all information on the specification sheet is correct and accurate and updates sheets when notified of a change in process procedure
- Verifies that the color, gloss, mil thickness, and adhesion are acceptable on all parts that are coated on the line
- Verifies that the packers on the line are visually inspecting the parts prior to packaging
- Randomly audits the packaged products and verifies that inspection is sufficient
- Reviews the packaging and coverage requirements with the packers prior to production
- Addresses the quality concerns of the line packers
- Trains packers and other line personnel according to the line inspector qualification procedure, ensuring that they are clear on visual inspection criteria and processes
- Assists in sorting parts if required by the customer
- Manages customer return process within two days of receipt. Reviews all returns from the customer with the packers.
- Assists with the disposition of non-conforming product
- Accurately performs hourly inspections and other audit duties and notifies QA manager of nonconformities
- Assists in problem solving of quality issues
- Performs AQL level sampling on sample or first time order lot.
- Assists in customer onboarding to launch new work without quality issues
- Tests products at specified stages in production process for a variety of qualities such as dimensions and performance
- Records and verifies that final/in process inspection is being documented and maintained correctly
- Records and verifies that washer titration is being documented and maintained correctly
- Confers with supervisor and/or managers about quality assurance of new products
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance or material characteristics
- Creates Corrective Actions and assists in implementation of solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Serves as back up for receiving inspection
- Detail oriented
- Strong follow through
- Ability to work independently
Strong communication, bilingual Spanish a plus
Adherence to Acme’s core values