Powder coating is a dry form of liquid paint. The powder is applied with an electrostatic charge to a grounded substrate and cured in a bake oven. In the oven, the powder flows into a liquid and cross-links into a durable finish. Powder coating offers a variety of benefits.
- Environmentally friendly since there are no solvents or sludge generation
- Economical because the oversprayed powder can be reclaimed and reused
- Energy efficient since there is no need for make-up air
- Easy to use - no mixing of paints of solvents
- Easy to apply - drips, runs and/or sags are virtually eliminated
- Excellence of finish - once the part has been cured and cooled, the coating has its full complement of performance properties making it extremely durable
Powder coatings are available in a variety of chemistries, colors, gloss ranges, textures and metallics. Acme's finishing team can help you determine if powder coating is a good solution to your coating requirements. Acme can provide samples so you can see what your product looks like with a powder coated finish.